My goal this year is to read 24 books.
I am not sure if I can really read two books per month especially now that I am in the midst of changing jobs and learning German. However, I do hope that I will be able to achieve this goal since two dozens of books in a year isn’t really that much. I’ve seen other folks gunning for 100 books per year.
As you can see I have read quite a lot of graphic novels this year. I quite enjoyed Saga, Scott Pilgrim, and the creepy Locke & Key series. My top favorite books so far are (in no particular order):
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie (it was so hilarious and heart-warming at the same time)
- The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami
- Game of Thrones and A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han (I know it’s a cheeseball YA novel); and
- The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North
As of writing (27/7), according to Goodreads, I am reading 10 books at the moment. Haha. My plan is to get rid of the books under my currently reading list because it’s good to actually finish a book! I’m just so glad that this year I found so much time to read. What have you been reading lately?